By Enrique Ramos Melgar, Ciriaco Castro Diez
If you've performed a few Arduino tinkering and questioned the way you may include the Kinect—or the wrong way around—then this booklet is for you. The authors of Arduino and Kinect Projects will enable you create 10 outstanding, inventive initiatives, from basic to advanced. You'll additionally how you can comprise Processing on your venture design—a language similar to the Arduino language.
the 10 tasks are conscientiously designed to construct in your abilities at each step. beginning with the Arduino and Kinect similar of "Hello, World," the authors will take you thru a various diversity of initiatives that showcase the large diversity of chances that open up while Kinect and Arduino are combined.
* Gesture-based handheld remote control. regulate units and residential home equipment with hand gestures.
* Kinect-networked Puppet. Play with a actual puppet remotely utilizing all your body.
* temper Lamps. Build your individual set of responsive, gesture controllable LED lamps.
* Drawing Robot. Control a drawing robotic utilizing a Kinect-based tangible table.
* Remote-controlled Vehicle. Use your physique gestures to control a shrewdpermanent motor vehicle.
* Biometric Station. Use the Kinect for biometric popularity and checking physique Mass Indexes.
* 3D Modeling Interface. the best way to use the Arduino LilyPad to construct a wearable 3D modelling interface.
* 360º Scanner. construct a turntable scanner and experiment any item 360º using just one Kinect.
* Delta Robot. Build and keep watch over your own fast and exact parallel robot.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * Arduino and Kinect fundamentals
* Interfacing Kinect and Arduino via Processing
* speaking: Serial and communication over networks
* Interacting with the actual international: Sensors and actuators
* Volumetric Scanning
* step by step directions on numerous Arduino/Kinect initiatives
Who this ebook is for
Intermediate to skilled device hackers who are looking to tips on how to mix Arduino with Kinect, or who wish thought for innovation.
Table of Contents
1. Arduino fundamentals
2. Kinect fundamentals
three. Interfacing Arduino and Kinect via Processing
four. hi global: LED-me
five. Gesture-based handheld remote control
6. Kinect-networked Puppet
7. temper Lamps
eight. Drawing Robot
nine. Remote-controlled Vehicles
10. Biometric Station
eleven. 3D Modeling Interface
12. 360 measure Scanner
thirteen. Delta robotic
Read or Download Arduino and Kinect Projects: Design, Build, Blow Their Minds PDF
Best electronics books
Dielectric Materials and Devices
This exact stand by myself quantity information new advancements in dielectric ceramics. It offers complete studies of recent fabrics and product concepts and comprises themes akin to fabrics synthesis and processing, relaxors & novel compositions, dielectric loss mechanisms, multiplayer ceramic units, and value research of tomorrow’s electrical units.
Analog/RF and Mixed-Signal Circuit Systematic Design
Although within the electronic area, designers can take complete merits of IPs and layout automation instruments to synthesize and layout very complicated platforms, the analog designers’ activity continues to be regarded as a ‘handcraft’, bulky and extremely time eating procedure. hence, super efforts are being deployed to strengthen new layout methodologies within the analog/RF and mixed-signal domain names.
Solder Paste in Electronics Packaging: Technology and Applications in Surface Mount, Hybrid Circuits, and Component Assembly
One of many most powerful developments within the layout and manufacture of recent electronics applications and assemblies is the usage of floor mount expertise as an alternative for through-hole tech nology. The mounting of digital units and elements onto the skin of a broadcast wiring board or different substrate deals many benefits over putting the leads of units or elements into holes.
- Advanced DC/DC Converters
- Electronics: A First Course, Second Edition
- Special Polymers for Electronics and Optoelectronics
- Biopolymer Composites in Electronics
- An Introduction to Electrical Instrumentation and Measurement Systems: A guide to the use, selection, and limitations of electrical instruments and measurement systems
Extra resources for Arduino and Kinect Projects: Design, Build, Blow Their Minds
8 Scheme of an electric telemanipulator. Sensor Haptic controller Haptic device + User + Object Fig. 9 Haptic assistive system. haptic devices. g. for surgeons, as well as in gaming applications for private use (see also chapter 13). Fig. 10 Haptic simulator. 3 Parameters of Haptic Systems In  L AWRENCE defines the transparency T as a factor between impedance as the input source of the haptic interface Z in and the actually felt output impedance Z out of the device. 2 Terms and Terminology Used for the Description of Haptic Systems T= Z in .
G. roughness. Surface properties may range from smooth ceramic like or lacquered surfaces with structural widths in the area of low μ m, to somewhat structured surfaces like coated tables and rough surfaces like coarsely woven cord textiles with mesh apertures in the range of several millimeters. Humans have developed a very typical way how to interact with theses surfaces enabling them to draw conclusions based on the underlying perception mechanism. A human being moves his or her finger along the surface (fig.
Only lately spatially resolved arrays with lateral force generation are receiving an increased interest . 32 2 Terminology A tactile pin-array with excitation in normal skin direction is a haptic device (fig. 13c) mainly addressing the tactile perception. The user is in continuous haptic interaction with the device and receives haptic information coded in changing pin heights. A tactile pin array is a haptic display. In contrast to the systems examined before this time the user’s interaction does not include any user-feedback.