By Debra Dalgleish
Beginning PivotTables in Excel 2007 explains what PivotTables are, how one can make the most of utilizing them, easy methods to create them and regulate them, and the way to exploit their better beneficial properties. utilizing a Pivot desk in Microsoft place of work Excel 2007 is a short and fascinating solution to slice and cube a large number of data.
- Carefully explains some great benefits of utilizing Pivot Tables for quick info research
- Provides a step by step method of these new to Pivot Tables
- Offers guidance and methods that can't be chanced on in different places
What you’ll learn
- Summarize hundreds of thousands of files in a PivotTable with a number of clicks of the mouse
- Quickly swap the PivotTable structure to view a unique precis of the data
- Filter a PivotTable to target one quarter or the head 10 products
- Add colours or icons to focus on the excessive or low results
- Use calculations to augment the PivotTable summaries
- Create visible effect with a pivot chart
Who this publication is for
This publication is for Excel clients who are looking to find out about PivotTables. should you paintings with monetary facts, logistics files, revenues orders, customer support stories, site information, source monitoring, occasion making plans, or the other set of files, a PivotTable can assist overview, examine, video display, and record at the info. whilst your reporting necessities swap, you can also make minor alterations to the PivotTable, rather than beginning a worksheet precis from scratch.
Read Online or Download Beginning Pivot Tables in Excel 2007 PDF
Best c & c++ windows programming books
Prentice Hall's most crucial C programming name in years. A spouse quantity to Kernighan & Ritchie's c language. a suite of reusable services (code for construction information buildings, code for appearing math capabilities and medical calculations, and so on. ) for you to shop C programmers money and time particularly while engaged on huge programming initiatives.
To-the-point, authoritative, no-nonsense recommendations have consistently been a hallmark of O'Reilly books. The In a Nutshell books have earned an outstanding popularity within the box because the well-thumbed references that sit down beside the an expert developer's keyboard. C++ in a Nutshell lives as much as the In a Nutshell promise.
* in addition to those that obtain the preview at PDC, it's expected that every one different ASP. internet builders may be hungry for info at the re-creation. * can be one of many first actual books on ASP. internet 2. zero, to be had once the expertise itself turns into on hand to a much wider viewers. * Very fast paced, since it assumes earlier wisdom of ASP.
Professional SharePoint 2013 Branding and Responsive net improvement is the definitive reference at the applied sciences, instruments, and methods wanted for construction responsive web content and functions with SharePoint 2013. The booklet specializes in ideas that supply the easiest browser adventure for the myriad of units, browsers, and display orientations and resolutions.
- Pro ASP.NET SharePoint 2010 Solutions: Techniques for Building SharePoint Functionality Into ASP.NET Applications
- Topics in C Programming
- Topics in C Programming
- Professional Windows Phone 7 Game Development: Creating Games using XNA Game Studio 4
- Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation 4.0 Cookbook for Developing SOA Applications
- Professional Windows 7 Development Guide
Extra resources for Beginning Pivot Tables in Excel 2007
Figure 4-7. Value Field Settings option in the PivotTable Field List pane 8903Ch04CMP2 8/15/07 1:48 PM Page 51 CHAPTER 4 ■ SUMMARIZING DATA 3. In the Value Field Settings dialog box, type Avg Hrs in the Custom Name box. 4. Click OK to close the Value Field Settings dialog box. A quicker way to change the value field heading is to make the change directly in a pivot table cell: 1. In the pivot table, select one of the cells that contains the heading Count of WtyLbr. 2. In the cell, type Wty Lbr, and then press the Enter key to complete the change.
Figure 3-6. A report filter has been applied. With this filter applied, you can also see that for the manufacturing businesses, all the policies sold in the Central region have flood coverage, but no policies sold in the Northeast region have flood coverage. Changing the Filter Now that you have reported on the totals for manufacturing, you’re asked to report on the retail businesses in the Midwest. To see the results for a different business type, you can choose a different item from the report filter list.
4. In the pivot table, the data changes to show a Count of InsuredValue cell instead of a sum (see Figure 3-17). The grand total is 928, which is the number of policy records in the insurance table. Figure 3-17. The Count of InsuredValue cell 41 8903Ch03CMP2 42 7/31/07 7:43 PM Page 42 CHAPTER 3 ■ MODIFYING A PIVOT TABLE Applying a PivotTable Style Now that you have set up the summary information the way you want it, you can spend a bit of time on the appearance of the pivot table. Changing the appearance may make the data easier to read, and you may want a color scheme that fits with other documents you’re producing.