By Jasmin Blanchette, Mark Summerfield
The single authentic, Best-Practice consultant to Qt 4.3 Programming
Using Trolltech's Qt you could construct industrial-strength C++ purposes that run natively on home windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, and embedded Linux with no resource code alterations. Now, Trolltech insiders have written a start-to-finish advisor to getting striking effects with the newest model of Qt: Qt 4.3.
Packed with practical examples and in-depth recommendation, this is often the publication Trolltech makes use of to coach Qt to its personal new hires. generally revised and elevated, it unearths cutting-edge top Qt programming styles for every little thing from imposing model/view structure to utilizing Qt 4.3's enhanced photos aid. you will find confirmed recommendations for nearly each GUI improvement activity, in addition to subtle innovations for delivering database entry, integrating XML, utilizing subclassing, composition, and extra. no matter if you are new to Qt or upgrading from an older model, this publication might actually help accomplish every thing that Qt 4.3 makes possible.
- thoroughly up-to-date all through, with major new assurance of databases, XML, and Qtopia embedded programming
- Covers all Qt 4.2/4.3 adjustments, together with home windows Vista help, local CSS aid for widget styling, and SVG dossier generation
- comprises separate second and 3D chapters, assurance of Qt 4.3's new images view periods, and an creation to QPainter's OpenGL back-end
- contains new chapters on look-and-feel customization and alertness scripting
- Illustrates Qt 4's model/view structure, plugin aid, structure administration, occasion processing, box sessions, and masses more
- provides complex strategies coated in no different book—from developing plugins to interfacing with local APIs
- features a new appendix on Qt Jambi, the recent Java model of Qt
Read or Download C Gui Programming With Qt4 PDF
Similar c & c++ windows programming books
Prentice Hall's most crucial C programming identify in years. A spouse quantity to Kernighan & Ritchie's c program languageperiod. a suite of reusable capabilities (code for development info constructions, code for acting math services and clinical calculations, and so on. ) so that it will store C programmers time and cash particularly while engaged on huge programming initiatives.
To-the-point, authoritative, no-nonsense strategies have constantly been a hallmark of O'Reilly books. The In a Nutshell books have earned an outstanding attractiveness within the box because the well-thumbed references that sit down beside the a professional developer's keyboard. C++ in a Nutshell lives as much as the In a Nutshell promise.
* in addition to those that obtain the preview at PDC, it truly is expected that each one different ASP. internet builders may be hungry for info at the new edition. * could be one of many first actual books on ASP. web 2. zero, to be had once the know-how itself turns into on hand to a much wider viewers. * Very fast-paced, since it assumes earlier wisdom of ASP.
Professional SharePoint 2013 Branding and Responsive internet improvement is the definitive reference at the applied sciences, instruments, and strategies wanted for development responsive web content and functions with SharePoint 2013. The booklet specializes in suggestions that offer the simplest browser event for the myriad of units, browsers, and monitor orientations and resolutions.
- Deploying .NET Applications: Learning MSBuild and ClickOnce (Expert's Voice in .Net)
- Introducing Microsoft .NET
- Visual Studio 2015 Cookbook
- Pro WF: Windows Workflow in .NET 3.5
- Foundations of F#
- Topics in C Programming
Extra resources for C Gui Programming With Qt4
Change the More button's objectName to "moreButton", set its text property to "&More", and its checkable property to "true". 5. Click the OK button, then Shift+Click the Cancel button, the vertical spacer, and the More button, then click Form|Lay Out Vertically. 6. Create a group box, two labels, two comboboxes, and one horizontal spacer, and put them anywhere on the form. 7. Drag the bottom-right corner of the group box to make it larger. 12 (a). 8. Drag the right edge of the second combobox to make it about twice as wide as the first combobox.
12. Laying out the group box's children in a grid [View full size image] If a layout doesn't turn out quite right or if you make a mistake, you can always click Edit|Undo or Form|Break Layout, then reposition the widgets and try again. We will now add the Secondary Key and Tertiary Key group boxes: 1. Make the dialog window tall enough for the extra parts. 2. Hold down the Ctrl key (Alt on the Mac) and click and drag the Primary Key group box to create a copy of the group box (and its contents) on top of the original.
The introspection functionality is necessary for implementing signals and slots, and allows application programmers to obtain "meta-information" about QObject subclasses at run-time, including the list of signals and slots supported by the object and its class name. The mechanism also supports properties (used extensively by Qt Designer) and text translation (for internationalization), and it lays the foundation for the QtScript module. 2, properties can be added dynamically, a feature we will see in action in Chapters 19 and 22.