By Enrique Ramos Melgar, Ciriaco Castro Diez
If you've performed a few Arduino tinkering and questioned the way you may include the Kinect—or the wrong way around—then this booklet is for you. The authors of Arduino and Kinect Projects will enable you create 10 outstanding, inventive initiatives, from basic to advanced. You'll additionally how you can comprise Processing on your venture design—a language similar to the Arduino language.
the 10 tasks are conscientiously designed to construct in your abilities at each step. beginning with the Arduino and Kinect similar of "Hello, World," the authors will take you thru a various diversity of initiatives that showcase the large diversity of chances that open up while Kinect and Arduino are combined.
* Gesture-based handheld remote control. regulate units and residential home equipment with hand gestures.
* Kinect-networked Puppet. Play with a actual puppet remotely utilizing all your body.
* temper Lamps. Build your individual set of responsive, gesture controllable LED lamps.
* Drawing Robot. Control a drawing robotic utilizing a Kinect-based tangible table.
* Remote-controlled Vehicle. Use your physique gestures to control a shrewdpermanent motor vehicle.
* Biometric Station. Use the Kinect for biometric popularity and checking physique Mass Indexes.
* 3D Modeling Interface. the best way to use the Arduino LilyPad to construct a wearable 3D modelling interface.
* 360º Scanner. construct a turntable scanner and experiment any item 360º using just one Kinect.
* Delta Robot. Build and keep watch over your own fast and exact parallel robot.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * Arduino and Kinect fundamentals
* Interfacing Kinect and Arduino via Processing
* speaking: Serial and communication over networks
* Interacting with the actual international: Sensors and actuators
* Volumetric Scanning
* step by step directions on numerous Arduino/Kinect initiatives
Who this ebook is for
Intermediate to skilled device hackers who are looking to tips on how to mix Arduino with Kinect, or who wish thought for innovation.
Table of Contents
1. Arduino fundamentals
2. Kinect fundamentals
three. Interfacing Arduino and Kinect via Processing
four. hi global: LED-me
five. Gesture-based handheld remote control
6. Kinect-networked Puppet
7. temper Lamps
eight. Drawing Robot
nine. Remote-controlled Vehicles
10. Biometric Station
eleven. 3D Modeling Interface
12. 360 measure Scanner
thirteen. Delta robotic