By Bill Kastanakis
Over 35 recipes to layout and enforce uniquely styled maps utilizing the Mapbox platform
About This Book
- Design and boost superbly styled maps utilizing TileMill, MapBox Studio, and CartoCSS
- Get to grips with the mapbox.js and Leaflet to create visually attractive net and cellular applications
- An easy-to-follow, fast reference advisor to combine strong APIs and providers like Foursquare, Fusion Tables, Geoserver, and CartoDB to populate your maps
Who This ebook Is For
What you'll Learn
- Get acquainted with the MapBox Editor to visually type your maps
- Learn every thing approximately CartoCSS, and the way it is going to assist you effective track your styled maps
- Use MapBox Studio and Tilemill to generate your personal tiles and vector maps
- Publish your maps utilizing numerous applied sciences like node.js, Hypertext Preprocessor, and Geoserver
- Integrate with 3rd celebration APIs and prone to populate your maps with public or inner most data
- Create many various map visualization types like choropleth and warmth maps, upload interactivity, or even how to animate facts over time
- Work with many alternative facts codecs and exterior providers to create strong maps
- Learn to exploit MapBox GL to create a cellular application
Maps are a vital aspect in cutting-edge situation conscious purposes. correct from showing earth floor info to making thematic maps exhibiting plethora of knowledge, many of the builders lack the mandatory wisdom to create customizable maps with blend of assorted instruments and libraries. The MapBox platform is one such platform which bargains the entire instruments and API required to create and post a wholly customizable map.
In the preliminary few chapters we'll dive deeper into the TileMill and MapBox Studio parts of MapBox and use them to generate customized styled map tiles and vector maps. additionally, we are going to submit those customized maps utilizing Hypertext Preprocessor, node.js and 3rd get together instruments like Geoserver.
We'll additionally learn how to create diverse visualizations and map kinds like a choropleth map, a warmth map and upload consumer interactivity utilizing a UFTGrid. relocating on, we dive into complex thoughts and concentrate on integration with 3rd occasion prone like Foursquare, Google FusionTables, CartoDB, and Torque that will help you populate or even animate your maps.
In the ultimate bankruptcy we are going to discover ways to use the Mapbox SDK to create and put up interactive maps for the iOS platform. by way of the top of this ebook, you are going to know about MapBox GL and the way to create a completely practical, location-aware cellular app, utilizing the maps types created within the recipes.
Style and approach
An easy-to-use recipe pushed publication that may not simply serve code samples, but in addition explains the entire idea and ideas required to completely comprehend each one recipe.