By Ryan Russell, Joe Grand
"If I had this publication 10 years in the past, the FBI might by no means have stumbled on me!" -- Kevin Mitnick This ebook has whatever for everyone---from the newbie hobbyist without electronics or coding adventure to the self-proclaimed "gadget geek." Take a standard piece of kit and switch it right into a own murals. construct upon an current thought to create whatever higher. rejoice whereas voiding your guaranty! many of the hacks during this booklet contain:
* Don't toss your iPod away whilst the battery dies! Don't pay Apple the $99 to exchange it! set up a brand new iPod battery your self with no Apple's "help"
* An Apple an afternoon! regulate a regular Apple USB Mouse right into a sparkling alien ship Mouse or construct a FireWire terabyte harddrive and customized case
* have you ever performed Atari at the present time? Create an arcade-style Atari 5200 paddle controller to your favourite unfashionable videogames or rework the Atari 2600 joystick into one who can be utilized by means of left-handed players
* smooth video game platforms, too! Hack your PlayStation 2 in addition code from the reminiscence card or regulate your PlayStation 2 for homebrew video game development
* Videophiles unite! layout, construct, and configure your individual home windows- or Linux-based domestic Theater PC
* journey the airwaves! alter a instant PCMCIA NIC to incorporate an exterior antenna connector or load Linux onto your entry Point
* Stick it to the fellow! get rid of the proprietary barcode encoding out of your CueCat and switch it right into a commonplace barcode reader
* Hack your Palm! improve the to be had RAM in your Palm m505 from 8MB to 16MB
Â· comprises hacks of today's preferred gaming platforms like Xbox and PS/2.
Â· Teaches readers to free up the total leisure strength in their laptop PC.
Â· Frees iMac proprietors to reinforce the gains they love and do away with those they hate.
Read or Download Hardware Hacking: Have Fun While Voiding Your Warranty PDF
Best electronics books
This detailed stand by myself quantity information new advancements in dielectric ceramics. It presents entire experiences of latest fabrics and product ideas and comprises subject matters similar to fabrics synthesis and processing, relaxors & novel compositions, dielectric loss mechanisms, multiplayer ceramic units, and value research of tomorrow’s electrical units.
Even though within the electronic area, designers can take complete advantages of IPs and layout automation instruments to synthesize and layout very advanced platforms, the analog designers’ job continues to be regarded as a ‘handcraft’, bulky and extremely time eating procedure. hence, large efforts are being deployed to strengthen new layout methodologies within the analog/RF and mixed-signal domain names.
One of many most powerful traits within the layout and manufacture of contemporary electronics programs and assemblies is the usage of floor mount know-how as a substitute for through-hole tech nology. The mounting of digital units and parts onto the skin of a broadcast wiring board or different substrate deals many benefits over putting the leads of units or elements into holes.
- Autotuning of PID Controllers [electronic resource]: A Relay Feedback Approach
- Antenna Technology
- Silicon-Germanium (SiGe) Nanostructures - Production, Properties and Applications in Electronics
- Continuous-Time Sigma-Delta A D Conversion: Fundamentals, Performance Limits and Robust Implementations (Advanced Microelectronics, Volume 21)
- Single-atom nanoelectronics
- Innovative Planning for Electronic Commerce and Enterprises - A Reference Model
Extra info for Hardware Hacking: Have Fun While Voiding Your Warranty
It describes a light-emitting diode (LED) powered by a battery and controlled by a switch. When the switch is off, no current is able to flow from the battery through the rest of the circuit, so the LED will not illuminate. The LED will illuminate until the switch is turned off. Voltage, Current, and Resistance Voltage and current are the two staple quantities of electronics. Voltage, also known as a potential difference, is the amount of work (energy) required to move a positive charge from a lower potential (a more negative point in a circuit) to higher potential (a more positive point in a circuit).
The potential for hardware hacking has grown tremendously in the past decade as computers and technology have become more intertwined with the mainstream and everyday living. Hardware hacks can be classified into four different categories, though sometimes a hack falls into more than one: 1. This includes things such as case modifications, custom skins and ring tones, and art projects like creating an aquarium out of a vintage computer. 2. qxd 1/14/04 7:10 PM Page xxxvii Introduction xxxvii iPod to run Linux, turning a stock iOpener into a full-fledged PC, or modifying the Atari 2600 to support stereo sound and composite video output.
The amount of time for the capacitor to become fully charged in an RC circuit depends on the values of the capacitor and resistor in the circuit.