By Kathy Ivens
Offering details on utilizing QuickBooks to trace monetary information in nonprofit companies, this publication covers all types of QuickBooks. administration of donors, provides, and pledges, and themes comparable to allocating expenditures to courses, dealing with donor regulations, and producing the studies wanted for donors and tax returns are coated intimately. as well as easy-to-follow directions and hundreds information and workarounds, info on utilizing QuickBooks for fundraising is equipped.
Read or Download Running QuickBooks in Nonprofits: The Only Comprehensive Guide for Nonprofits Using QuickBooks PDF
Best personal finance books
Your Easy-to-Follow motion Plan for monetary restoration combating off collectors and attempting to pay mountain-high debts can weigh somebody down. cease residing day by day and regain regulate of your funds as soon as and for all. the whole bankruptcy 7 own financial ruin advisor will help positioned an finish to the abusive strategies of assortment organisations and consultant you thru submitting your personal financial disaster.
Thoroughly extended and up to date, dwell it Up with no Outliving Your funds! moment variation is the monetary roadmap that folks are trying to find. according to the author's adventure within the monetary providers quarter because the mid-1960s, together with greater than 30 years as an funding consultant and cash supervisor, this plain-talking e-book provides readers basic ideas so as to add among $1,000 and $10,000 to their per month source of revenue in retirement, and with no taking any of the dumb dangers of the prior.
Vital outlined contribution pension markets are found in more and more international locations worldwide. yet regardless of their recognition, policymakers proceed to fight with key coverage issues. at the one hand, a few layout shortcomings encourages pension organizations to cost excessive administrative charges.
QuickBooks firm variation 12. zero for specialists is a cookbook with particular recipes for time-saving shortcuts, worthwhile custom-made stories, and spectacular how you can use this accounting software program to help decision-making on your small or medium-sized business.
With QuickBooks company version 12. zero Cookbook for specialists you could decide on a subject of worth and examine particular, useful options usable on your personal QuickBooks dossier or in a pattern file.
This publication is rooted within the longstanding beneficial properties of QuickBooks and comprises the latest instruments, even if you’re upgrading from ideal or from a previous model of the company version. issues contain customizations, time-saving equipment, integration with Microsoft Excel, and targeted instruments and setup ideas for hyper-efficient info retrieval and analysis.
Whether you're an self sustaining or accountant, no matter if you're a book-keeper, controller or CFO, QuickBooks company variation 12. zero Cookbook for specialists may help you to extend what's attainable on your business.
What you'll examine from this book
customise the QuickBooks surroundings and reviews to check your operating type and enterprise operations
Optimally manage goods and different instruments to get the main precious info out of your accounting records
retailer time with suitable keyboard shortcuts, information access shortcuts, and reporting shortcuts
effectively deal with your patron and seller relationships through the use of QuickBooks in remarkable ways
bring up supervisory potency and effectiveness with troubleshooting thoughts and error-checking tools
extend reporting and research functions by means of extra exploring integration with Microsoft Excel
organize QuickBooks for enterprise-level issues together with multi-user permissions, add-on providers, and rfile storage
Create studies to bolster relationships along with your key clients, proprietors, traders, and different stakeholders
QuickBooks firm version 12. zero Cookbook for specialists is written in a non-sequential, modular method which permits the reader to pick any proper and worthwhile strategy and research it. each one recipe within the cookbook comprises illustrations to take advantage of tough thoughts ordinary. additionally, the specialist reader’s time isn't wasted on any easy language and steps.
Who this ebook is for
This ebook is written for CPAs, CAs, specialists, CFOs, controllers, managers, or bookkeepers with broad adventure with QuickBooks. previous event with the firm version, besides the fact that, isn't really required. you will have an intensive realizing of accounting approaches and a mastery of the fundamentals of the QuickBooks setting.
- ADD and Your Money: A Guide to Personal Finance for Adults with Attention-Deficit Disorder
- Complete Idiot's Guide to Retiring Early
- Currency of the Heart: A Year of Investing, Death, Work, and Coins (Sightline Books)
- Sun Tzu The Art of Making Money: Strategies for Getting Through a Tough Economy
- How I Make A Living Trading Stocks
Additional info for Running QuickBooks in Nonprofits: The Only Comprehensive Guide for Nonprofits Using QuickBooks
5. 6. 7. 8. Open the Chart of Accounts list. Press Ctrl-N to create a new account. Select the appropriate account type. Click the Subaccount check box to place a check mark in it. In the drop-down box next to the check box, select the parent account. ) If you’re using numbered accounts, enter the appropriate number. Enter the subaccount name (just the portion of the name you’re using for the subaccount). For instance, if the parent account is Insurance, name the subaccount Vehicle. Click OK. Creating Subaccounts by Dragging Account Listings You can omit the extra steps of selecting the Subaccount check box and selecting the parent account.
Use it! Figure 2-1: The first chore is to create a company file. While the QuickBooks 2006 EasyStep interview is shorter than previous versions, you can’t leave when you feel you’ve entered enough information to proceed manually. If you exit the wizard before completing all the windows, QuickBooks displays a message telling you that you can finish the interview the next time you open the company file. Then QuickBooks abruptly closes the file, leaving you to stare at the No Company Open window. The next time you open the company, the EasyStep Interview picks up where you left off—and it will keep doing that until you finish the entire interview.
4. Select the Use Account Numbers check box (see Figure 3-1). When you select the option to use account numbers, the option Show Lowest Subaccount Only becomes accessible (it’s grayed out if you haven’t enabled account numbers). This option tells QuickBooks to display only the subaccount on transaction windows, instead of both the parent account and the subaccount, making it easier to see precisely which account is receiving the posting. ) After you make this configuration change, QuickBooks automatically assigns numbers to any existing accounts in the chart of accounts it installed (if you installed a chart of accounts during setup).