By Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development
This file provides an summary of nation projects touching on effective, powerful public companies and open and leading edge govt. It makes a speciality of 4 middle concerns: supply of public providers in occasions of monetary consolidation; a more beneficial and performance-oriented public carrier; promoting of open and obvious executive; and methods for implementation of a reform time table. those matters have been mentioned on the Oecd Public Governance Ministerial assembly held in Venice, Italy, in November 2010, hosted by way of the Italian Ministry for Public management and Innovation. The ebook additionally comprises specific profiles of nations' open and leading edge executive projects, overlaying Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, eire, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and the uk.
Read or Download The Call for Innovative and Open Government: An Overview of Country Initiatives PDF
Best public affairs books
What's the dating among the economic climate and politics? In a democratic process, what sort of regulate may still elected governments have over the monetary markets? What guidelines may be carried out to control them? what's the position performed via diversified elites--financial, technocratic, and political--in the operation and legislation of the economy?
Examines the institutional principles of the sport that either form and are formed via human habit, targeting the neighborhood point preparations.
The United countries workplace for undertaking providers (UNOPS) is the single UN association that's self-financing via charges earned on undertaking management/provision of companies in all developmental and humanitarian fields. Following a disruptive merger procedure its destiny appeared doubtful. This booklet describes and analyzes the consequent reform, its difficulties and successes, in addition to its relevance to different UN companies and New Public administration concept.
- Twenty-First Century Democracy
- Memos to the governor: an introduction to state budgeting
- Management and Culture in an Enlarged European Commission: From Diversity to Unity?
- Theories of Performance: Organizational and Service Improvement in the Public Domain
- Future Tense: Australia Beyond Election 1998
Extra resources for The Call for Innovative and Open Government: An Overview of Country Initiatives
In the future, this map will serve to monitor progress achieved in the line-up of services provided. at “HELP” is an across-the-board online platform or service centre that provides information on the official channels people need to negotiate when living and working in Austria. Since 2001, the website has been offering a growing number of services online. In providing its services, HELP sees itself as a “24/7” interface between the authorities and private citizens or businesses. The platform offers information on nearly 200 different topics relating to official procedures, including the required documents, fees and deadlines as well as online forms and guidelines for completing them.
Reaffirming core public service values The Austrian Federal Chancellery has published a Code of Conduct to Prevent Corruption that addresses all public employees with the aim to raise awareness on issues like accepting small gifts and private sponsoring to support ethical values and preventative measures. It was developed by an inter-ministerial working group. The Code of Conduct to Prevent Corruption was also integrated in training sessions for public employees. THE CALL FOR INNOVATIVE AND OPEN GOVERNMENT: AN OVERVIEW OF COUNTRY INITIATIVES © OECD 2011 40 – AUSTRIA Safeguarding integrity Conflict of interest, post-public employment or the “revolving door” phenomenon Public employees have to notify their employer of any secondary employment.
184) of the 2008-09 State of the Service Report (Australian Public Service Commission, 2009), lists a number of specific examples at the individual agency level of initiatives to improve agency performance; improve collaboration across government; and innovative practice in design of policy or delivery of programmes. pdf. 0 Taskforce’s report (see above) was that the Australian government make a declaration of open government. In July 2010, the Minister for Finance and Deregulation made the “Declaration of Open Government” on behalf of the government, as follows: The Australian government now declares that, in order to promote greater participation in Australia’s democracy, it is committed to open government based on a culture of engagement, built on better access to and use of government held information, and sustained by the innovative use of technology.