By Branden Engorn, Jamie Flerlage
Trusted by means of generations of citizens and practitioners, The Harriet Lane Handbook continues to be your first selection for speedy, exact info on pediatric analysis and remedy. the 1st scientific reference e-book written "by citizens, for citizens" and reviewed by way of professional college at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, it keeps to supply the top-quality in point-of-care scientific info for any health care provider treating pediatric sufferers.
"[...]First selection for speedy and actual info on a number of pediatric shows, their prognosis and remedy recommendations.[...] a very transportable compact in addition to up to date info source for front line clinicians." Reviewed by: BACCH e-newsletter Date: March 2015
- Access the total contents online at Expert Consult, together with common updates to the relied on and finished Pediatric Drug Formulary.
- Take good thing about the main liable drug details available with completely up to date, different Pediatric Formulary supplying the normal of pediatric care from the major pediatric sanatorium within the world.
- Trust completely up-to-date content material that includes parameters for pediatric and neonatal septic surprise; directions for acute administration of critical nerve-racking mind harm; a handy desk detailing universal genetic checks; a considerably prolonged choice of radiologic photographs; accelerated psychological well-being insurance; plus a lot more.
- Access details simply and quickly with reformatted sections designed make the publication more uncomplicated to take advantage of in print, on-line, or through cellular gadget.
- Rely on pocket-sized portability. The revised variation of The Harriet Lane Handbook is much more concise than ever ahead of, that includes an increased quantity of online-only content.
Harriet Lane, the main depended on pediatric instruction manual for over 50 years, is your first and best choice for assist in day-by-day analysis and treatment.
Read or Download The Harriet Lane Handbook: Mobile Medicine Series PDF
Similar pediatrics books
Developmental language problems (DLD) take place whilst a toddler fails to improve his or her local language usually for no obvious cause. not on time improvement of speech and/or language is without doubt one of the most typical purposes for folks of preschool childrens to hunt the recommendation in their kinfolk health practitioner. even if a few young children quickly enhance, others have extra power language problems.
Demographic alterations, immigration, fiscal upheavals, and altering societal mores are developing new and adjusted constructions, tactics, and relationships in American households this day. As households suffer fast swap, kin technology is on the verge of collapse of a brand new and fascinating integration throughout tools, disciplines, and epistemological views.
Complete Manuals in Pediatrics are designed to expand the prac titioner's scientific scope by means of delivering a variety of diagnostic and administration talents as a rule thought of to be the particular area of the experts. even supposing the sequence as a complete constitutes a accomplished textual content in pediatrics, each one quantity stands by itself as a self-contained reference for the busy practitioner.
Over the past 25 years of scientific perform, i've been inspired with a paradox, specifically, the distinctiveness in each one baby, not like the widespread commonalities present in the improvement of behavioral difficulties. i've got additionally been duly inspired with the resilience of kids and their households, and the influence that provision of information concerning improvement and behaviour could have on facilitating this resilience.
- Pediatrics A Competency-Based Companion (1st Edition)
- OB Peds Women's Health Notes
- Assertiveness : a practical approach
- Fanaroff and Martin's Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine: Diseases of the Fetus and Infant (Expert Consult - Online and Print) (2-Volume Set)
Extra resources for The Harriet Lane Handbook: Mobile Medicine Series
2) Thiamine, 100 mg IV (before starting glucose in adolescents, in case of alcoholism or eating disorder). (3) D25W, 2 to 4 mL/kg IV bolus if hypoglycemia is present. 1 Chapter 1â•…Emergency Managementâ•…â•…13 14â•… â•… Part Iâ•… Pediatric Acute Care Cricothyroid membrane FIGURE 1-2 Percutaneous (needle) cricothyrotomy. Extend neck, attach a 3-mL syringe to a 14- to 18-gauge intravenous catheter, and introduce catheter through cricothyroid membrane (inferior to thyroid cartilage, superior tocricoid cartilage).
The poisoned child in the pediatric intensive care unit. Pediatr Clin North Am. 2008;55:669-686. White M, Liebelt EL. Update on antidotes for pediatric poisonings. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2006;22:740-749. Calello D, Osterhoudt KC, Henretig FM. New and novel antidotes in pediatrics. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2006;22:523-530. Kanter MZ. Comparison of oral and IV acetylcysteine in the treatment of acetaminophen poisoning. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2006;63:1821-1827. Advisory Committee on Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Internal jugular vein Lateral one third of clavicle Sternocleidomastoid muscle FIGURE 3-5 Subclavian vein cannulation. (From Dieckmann R, Fiser D, Selbst S. Pediatric Emergency and Critical Care Procedures. St. ) 3 Chapter 3â•…Proceduresâ•…â•…35 36â•… â•… Part Iâ•… Pediatric Acute Care Posterior course of vein Roll placed under hips to straighten vein Pubic tubercle Femoral vein 15° Reverse Trendelenburg Position Inguinal ligament Femoral nerve, artery, and vein Needle enters femoral vein 1–2 cm below inguinal ligament Needle enters skin 2–3 cm below inguinal ligament FIGURE 3-6 Femoral vein cannulation.