Read or Download Windows Server 2003 Security Cookbook PDF
Best client-server systems books
While you're new to the realm of Microsoft Small enterprise Server 2003, Microsoft Small enterprise Server 2003 Unleashed delivers you with real-world help adventure as you start or discover your upgraded server. Written and reviewed by means of Small company Server MVPs, this booklet presents worthy assurance of Mac platform integration, in addition to the combination of ISA 2004, SharePoint, FrontPage, trade, and SQL Server.
"Exchange specialists and Microsoft MVPs Richard Luckett, William Lefkovics, and Bharat Suneja have packed this booklet with useful tips, beneficial details, and years of data and event. If you’re answerable for a number of elements of an trade 2007-based messaging approach, hold this publication shut, as you’ll be relating it usually!
The ideal Reference for the Multitasked procedure AdministratorsThe re-creation of alternate is an bold overhaul that attempts to stability the transforming into wishes for functionality, fee effectiveness, and defense. For the typical process administrator, it is going to current a tricky migration course from previous types and a vexing variety of new gains.
Transportable and specified, this pocket-sized advisor supplies prepared solutions for the daily management of SharePoint 2010. that includes easy-to-scan tables, step by step directions, and convenient lists, this ebook bargains the streamlined, straight forward details you must remedy difficulties and get the task done-whether at your table or within the box!
- Windows Communication Foundation 3.5 Unleashed (2nd Edition)
- Rfid Field Guide: Deploying Radio Frequency Identification Systems
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Bible
- Modelling with Generalized Stochastic Petri Nets
Extra resources for Windows Server 2003 Security Cookbook
Every recipe consists of one or more examples that show how to accomplish a task. , that is being added, modified, queried, and so on. Instead of using fictitious names, in most cases, we use replaceable text. This text should be easily recognizable because it is in italics and surrounded by angle brackets (<>). 7. Reporting Security Issues to Microsoft Microsoft wants to hear about your security issues. Specifically, they want to know if you've identified new vulnerabilities or issues with Windows products.
They can do anything they want and you cannot stop them. So this account must be protected as much as possible. One layer of protection is to rename the account. This hinders attackers who are guessing username /password pairs, because the username they often try is Administrator . If that username doesn't exist, their attack cannot succeed. Although more sophisticated attacks will use the SID of the account instead of the account itself, this is still an effective countermeasure against many attacks, especially against less sophisticated attackers.
5. Type a new name for the account. 6. Right-click the new name and click Properties. 7. Click the Account tab. 8. Provide the new account name in the User logon name and User logon name (pre-Windows 2000) boxes. 9. Click OK. com. You can also use the built-in dsutil tool to rename an account, as shown in this example: > dsmove CN=Guest,CN=Users,DC=Contoso,DC=com -newname Fred 55 56 This example uses the same variable names as the renuser example. The tool requires you to provide CN= options to define the object name and location, and DC= options to define the domain name.