By Jasmin Blanchette
The one professional, Best-Practice advisor to Qt 4.3 ProgrammingUsing Trolltech's Qt you could construct industrial-strength C++ functions that run natively on home windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, and embedded Linux with no resource code adjustments. Now, Trolltech insiders have written a start-to-finish consultant to getting impressive effects with the most recent model of Qt: Qt 4.3. filled with reasonable examples and in-depth recommendation, this is often the booklet Trolltech makes use of to coach Qt to its personal new hires. greatly revised and improved, it unearths modern day most sensible Qt programming styles for every little thing from enforcing model/view structure to utilizing Qt 4.3's more suitable photographs aid. you will discover confirmed recommendations for nearly each GUI improvement job, in addition to subtle thoughts for supplying database entry, integrating XML, utilizing subclassing, composition, and extra. even if you are new to Qt or upgrading from an older model, this booklet might actually help accomplish every little thing that Qt 4.3 makes attainable. thoroughly up to date all through, with major new insurance of databases, XML, and Qtopia embedded programmingCovers all Qt 4.2/4.3 alterations, together with home windows Vista aid, local CSS aid for widget styling, and SVG dossier generationContains separate 2nd and 3D chapters, assurance of Qt 4.3's new pictures view sessions, and an creation to QPainter's OpenGL back-endIncludes new chapters on look-and-feel customization and alertness scriptingIllustrates Qt 4's model/view structure, plugin help, format administration, occasion processing, box periods, and lots more and plenty morePresents complex innovations coated in no different book—from developing plugins to interfacing with local APIsIncludes a brand new appendix on Qt Jambi, the hot Java model of Qt
Read or Download C++ GUI Programming with Qt4 (Second Edition) PDF
Best c & c++ windows programming books
Prentice Hall's most vital C programming name in years. A significant other quantity to Kernighan & Ritchie's c language. a suite of reusable capabilities (code for development information constructions, code for acting math features and clinical calculations, and so forth. ) for you to keep C programmers time and cash in particular while engaged on huge programming initiatives.
To-the-point, authoritative, no-nonsense suggestions have regularly been a hallmark of O'Reilly books. The In a Nutshell books have earned an excellent popularity within the box because the well-thumbed references that take a seat beside the an expert developer's keyboard. C++ in a Nutshell lives as much as the In a Nutshell promise.
* in addition to those that obtain the preview at PDC, it truly is expected that each one different ASP. web builders should be hungry for info at the re-creation. * may be one of many first actual books on ASP. internet 2. zero, on hand once the expertise itself turns into to be had to a much wider viewers. * Very fast paced, since it assumes earlier wisdom of ASP.
Professional SharePoint 2013 Branding and Responsive net improvement is the definitive reference at the applied sciences, instruments, and strategies wanted for construction responsive web content and functions with SharePoint 2013. The publication specializes in options that supply the simplest browser adventure for the myriad of units, browsers, and reveal orientations and resolutions.
- Object-Oriented Programming Under Windows
- Windows Phone Application Sketch Book
- Pro .NET 2.0 Extreme Programming (Expert's Voice)
- MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-561): Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5-ADO.NET Application Development: Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5--ADO.NET Application Development (Self-Paced Training Kits
Additional resources for C++ GUI Programming with Qt4 (Second Edition)
6. Predefined styles The Plastique style is the default style for Qt/X11 applications running under KDE, and Cleanlooks is the default under GNOME. These styles use gradients and anti-aliasing to provide a modern look and feel. Qt application users can override the default style by using the -style command-line option. /age -style motif Unlike the other styles, the Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Mac styles are available only on their native platforms, since they rely on the platforms' theme engines.
Still, many programmers prefer to use a visual approach for designing forms, because they find it more natural and faster than hand-coding, and they want to be able to experiment with and change designs more quickly and easily than is possible with hand-coded forms. Qt Designer expands the options available to programmers by providing a visual design capability. Qt Designer can be used to develop all or just some of an application's forms. Forms that are created using Qt Designer end up as C++ code, so Qt Designer can be used with a conventional tool chain and imposes no special requirements on the compiler.
Also in 2005, Trolltech opened a representative office in Beijing to provide customers in China and the region with sales services, training, and technical support for Qt/Embedded Linux and Qtopia. Qt has long been available to non-C++ programmers through the availability of unofficial language bindings, in particular PyQt for Python programmers. In 2007, the Qyoto unofficial bindings were released for C# programmers. Also in 2007, Trolltech launched Qt Jambi, an officially supported Java version of the Qt API.