By Peter Vogel
Enlist visible Studio’s integrated Code new release instruments to put in writing greater software program Faster
Automatic code iteration can dramatically raise your productiveness, enhance code caliber and maintainability, advertise reuse, and assist you expand most sensible practices all through your improvement association. .NET and visible Studio include many robust, code-generation tools--and this e-book exhibits you ways to be triumphant with them all. With useful Code iteration in .NET, spend much less time writing monotonous, repetitive code--leaving extra time to handle tricky areas!
Microsoft MVP Peter Vogel covers code new release with visible Studio 2010, 2008, and 2005, in addition to all fresh types of .NET, together with .NET 4.0. You’ll study whilst enlisting code new release is smart and the way to layout ideas that construct at the talents and assets you already have.
Writing for knowledgeable programmers, Vogel indicates easy methods to generate trustworthy code utilizing procedural code, visible Studio add-ins, XML, configuration records, and more--including Microsoft’s leading edge CodeDOM know-how for producing code in a number of languages. He brings every little thing jointly in 3 whole, chapter-length case studies.
• figuring out the constitution of .NET code-generation options and top practices for architecting them
• growing visible Studio add-ins that quick combine code new release into day by day activities
• utilizing items and strategies so as to add or get rid of undertaking components
• utilizing textual content insertion to generate code utilizing any tool--even commonplace string dealing with functions
• operating with the explicit beneficial properties of C#, visible easy .NET, and ASP.NET
• producing extra concise code with .NET’s new textual content Template Transformation Toolkit (T4)
• construction code-generation recommendations with visible Studio templates, attributes, and customized tools
• dispensing code-generation suggestions
Read or Download Practical Code Generation in .NET: Covering Visual Studio 2005, 2008, and 2010 (Addison-Wesley Microsoft Technology Series) PDF
Similar c & c++ windows programming books
Prentice Hall's most vital C programming name in years. A better half quantity to Kernighan & Ritchie's c language. a set of reusable capabilities (code for development information buildings, code for appearing math capabilities and clinical calculations, and so forth. ) with a purpose to retailer C programmers time and cash specifically while engaged on huge programming initiatives.
To-the-point, authoritative, no-nonsense suggestions have continuously been an indicator of O'Reilly books. The In a Nutshell books have earned an excellent acceptance within the box because the well-thumbed references that sit down beside the an expert developer's keyboard. C++ in a Nutshell lives as much as the In a Nutshell promise.
* in addition to those that obtain the preview at PDC, it's expected that every one different ASP. web builders could be hungry for info at the re-creation. * might be one of many first actual books on ASP. web 2. zero, on hand once the expertise itself turns into on hand to a much wider viewers. * Very fast-paced, since it assumes earlier wisdom of ASP.
Professional SharePoint 2013 Branding and Responsive internet improvement is the definitive reference at the applied sciences, instruments, and methods wanted for development responsive web pages and functions with SharePoint 2013. The ebook makes a speciality of strategies that supply the easiest browser event for the myriad of units, browsers, and display orientations and resolutions.
- Objects and Systems: Principled Design with Implementations in C++ and Java
- Borland C++ Builder 6 Developer's Guide
- Professional Windows 7 Development Guide
- C++ Network Programming Volume II - Systematic Reuse with ACE and Frameworks
- Core Internet Application Development with ASP.NET 2.0
- MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-505): Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5-Windows Forms Application Development: Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 Windows Forms Application Development
Additional resources for Practical Code Generation in .NET: Covering Visual Studio 2005, 2008, and 2010 (Addison-Wesley Microsoft Technology Series)
So it wouldn’t be fair not to discuss what those large, complex code-generation solutions look like. ” Model-Driven Architecture Many developers would consider the ultimate goal of code generation to be Model-Driven Architecture (MDA). The goal of MDA is to, ideally, eliminate the need for code to be written by developers at all. Instead, developers would design an application in some high-level tool and have all the application code generated for them. One of the mutual goals of MDA and the Uniﬁed Modeling Language (UML), for instance, is to use UML as the graphical notation to support MDA.
Here, the beneﬁts accrue not just to the code generated by the solution but all the subsequently created hand-written code that uses the generated code. If I were to write a formula for calculating the value of a codegeneration solution, it would be something like: B (Beneﬁt) = N (number of lines generated) * F (frequency of code being generated) + T (time saved in follow-on activities) And that formula ignores the harder-to-measure beneﬁts I mentioned before: improved code quality, improved standardization, and so on.
To a certain extent, this reﬂects the inherent demands of the user interface. Great user interfaces reﬂect the user’s workﬂow and the demands of the organization. Poor user interfaces reﬂect the table design (driven by the rules for normalization) or the object model (driven by the requirements of business entity design). Unlike ORM tools, which use the database design as their initial inputs, there isn’t an effective tool for specifying the user interface except to create one in some programming environment.