By Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development OECD
Managing conflicts of curiosity in either the private and non-private sectors has turn into a massive governance factor world-wide. determining and resolving particular conflicts of curiosity will be tricky. This Toolkit makes a speciality of particular innovations, assets and techniques for selecting, dealing with and combating conflict-of-interest occasions extra successfully and extending integrity in respectable decision-making that can be compromised through conflicts of curiosity.
This Toolkit offers non-technical, functional support to allow officers to know frustrating events and aid them to make sure that integrity and popularity aren't compromised. The instruments themselves are supplied in frequent shape. they're in accordance with examples of sound conflict-of-interest coverage and perform drawn from a variety of OECD member and non-member nations. they've been designed for model to fit international locations with varied felony and administrative systems.
Read or Download Managing Conflict of Interest in the Public Sector: A Toolkit PDF
Similar public affairs books
What's the courting among the economic system and politics? In a democratic method, what sort of keep watch over should still elected governments have over the monetary markets? What regulations might be carried out to control them? what's the function performed by means of diversified elites--financial, technocratic, and political--in the operation and rules of the economy?
Examines the institutional ideas of the sport that either form and are formed by means of human habit, targeting the neighborhood point preparations.
The United countries workplace for venture providers (UNOPS) is the one UN association that's self-financing via charges earned on venture management/provision of prone in all developmental and humanitarian fields. Following a disruptive merger technique its destiny appeared doubtful. This e-book describes and analyzes the consequent reform, its difficulties and successes, in addition to its relevance to different UN organisations and New Public administration thought.
- Public Procurement Reform and Governance in Africa
- Human Resource Management in the Public Sector: Policies and Practices
- The argumentative turn in policy analysis and planning
- Policy Transfer in European Union Governance: Regulating the utilities (Routledge Advances in European Politics)
- The Art and Craft of Policy Advising: A Practical Guide
Additional info for Managing Conflict of Interest in the Public Sector: A Toolkit
C) In respect of any family or business trust or nominee company in which the Member or a related person holds a beneficial interest: i) The name or a description of the trust, or the name of the company, as the case requires. ii) The nature of the activities of the trust or company. iii) The nature of the interest. iv) The date of commencement of the interest. v) Details of the investments and beneficial interest of the trust, but the value of those investments or beneficial interests need not be disclosed.
5. In seeking to increase transparency and accountability in the organisation, what have I achieved to encourage concerns about conflict-of-interest matters to be raised with me or with another appropriate person, by clients, contractors and citizens who have dealings with the organisation? 6. In the course of my duties in the next six months, what do I plan to achieve specifically with reference to reducing: a) Conflict of interest? b) Lack of transparency in the organisation? c) Lack of accountability in the organisation?
A suggested general outline of the proposed form of words is: To: [Prime Minister/Head of State of . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ]. ]. ]. Signed . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Date . . . . . . . . . . . . MANAGING CONFLICT OF INTEREST IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR – ISBN 92-64-01822-0 – © OECD 2005 41 TOOL SPECIFICATION NO. 8 Tool Specification No. 8 TOOL NAME: Gifts and Gratuities Checklist TOOL TYPE: Open-ended prescriptive checklist. APPLICATION: Decision making; training.